You can edit something on the page right now! Register today, it's fast and free!
"The grapes for this wine come from a variety of vineyards that Winemaker Bruce McGuire has selected over the years for their quality and consistency. Many are from the same blocks year after year. Cool climate Chardonnay is balanced with those from warmer vineyards. All the grapes were pressed as whole clusters with 63% of the wine fermented in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 37% was barrel fermented and underwent malolactic fermentation. The barrelled wine was aged 'sur lie' and its lees regularly stirred to impart flavor and complexity. The result is a wine that is bright and flavorful with a great deal of fruit intensity. We consider this our trademark Chardonnay, a wine we have consistently produced year after year. The bright fresh fruit of the cool stainless steel fermented wine is balanced with the richness of the barrel fermented malolactic component. Added complexity comes from vineyards sourced throughout Santa Barbara County." -Winery [+]