Janis may refer to:
As a first name
- Janis Bojars (born 1956), Soviet shot putter.
- Janis Ian (born 1951), American songwriter and folksinger.
- Janis Joplin (1943–1970), American singer and songwriter.
- Janis Kelly (born 1971), Canadian volleyball player.
- Janis Tanaka, a bassist.
- Janis Babson (1950-1961), Canadian child, organ donation.
- Janis Paige, actress
- Janis Carter, actress
- Janis Gold, a fictional character on 24.
- Janis Day, one of the two main characters in the comic strip Arlo and Janis.
- Janis Hawk, a main character in the TV series FlashForward.
- Janis Ian, a character in the film Mean Girls. Named after the singer/songwriter.
- Janis (ジャニス, "Janisu"), Main characters of InuYasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel.
As a surname
- Byron Janis (born 1928), American concert pianist. No relation to Conrad Janis.
- Conrad Janis (born 1928), American actor and jazz musician. No relation to Byron Janis.
- Dorothy Janis (1912 –2010), American silent film actress
- Elsie Janis (1889–1956), American musical theatre and vaudeville performer.
- Irving Janis, a social psychologist who pioneered the groupthink theory.
- Jaroslav Janiš, Czech auto racing driver.
- Linzie Janis, an American television journalist
- Vivi Janiss (1911-1988), American actress
- Jānis, a Latvian masculine given name
- Janis (software), a program by NEA to view nuclear information
- Janis (film), a 1974 film about Janis Joplin
- The name of two different albums by Janis Joplin:
- "Janis", a track recorded by Focus on their 1971 album Focus II