The Journal of Chemical Physics is a scientific journal published by the American Institute of Physics that carries research papers on chemical physics. Two volumes, each of 24 issues, are published annually. It was established in 1933 when Journal of Physical Chemistry editors refused to publish theoretical works.
The editors have been:
- 2008–present: Marsha I. Lester
- 2007–2008: Branka M. Ladanyi
- 1998–2007: Donald H. Levy
- 1983–1997: John C. Light
- 1960–1982: J. W. Stout
- 1958–1959: C. A. Hutchison
- 1956–1957 (Acting): J. E. Mayer
- 1953–1955: Clyde A. Hutchison, Jr.
- 1942–1952: Joseph Edward Mayer
- 1933–1941: Harold Urey