Nazriya Nazim (born 20 December 1994) is an Indian film actress who has starred in Malayalam and Tamil films. She started her career as an anchor on Malayalam television Asianet before pursuing a career as an actress. She made her debut as a child artist with Palunku (2006) and then as a lead actress in the Malayalam film Maad Dad (2013). She has gone on to star in blockbuster films like Neram (2013), Raja Rani (2013), Ohm Shanthi Oshaana (2014), and Bangalore Days (2014).
Nazriya Nazim was born to Nazimudeen and Begum Beena. She has a brother, Naveen Nazim. Her family lived in Al Ain, UAE, before moving to Thiruvananthapuram. She studied in Our Own English High School, Al Ain, UAE and Christ Nagar Senior Secondary School, Trivandrum. She has stated that she wants to study something related to business and that she may take up either a Commerce or BBA course. In 2013, she joined Mar Ivanios College in Thiruvananthapuram, but reportedly left the college, owing to her tight shooting schedules.
She started her career in television as an anchor in a Muslim oriented television quiz show named Punyamaasathiloode and Orbit Digital vision production SHRUTHILAYAM on KAIRALI 2005,Produced(sameer Glory). She then started her acting career in 2006 as a child artist, by acting in the Malayalam film Palunku (2006) directed by Blessy, in which she played the daughter of Mammootty's character. She went on to become an anchor on Asianet's music reality television show, Munch Star Singer. Mohanlal-starrer Oru Naal Varum (2010) was her next venture, in which she played the role of Dhanya, the daughter of Sreenivasan's character. She was cast in an album titled Yuvvh by Sony Music Entertainment, which became very popular among the youth.
Nazriya finally landed her first female lead role in the Malayalam film Maad Dad (2013). She again associated with the team of Yuvvh—director Alphonse Putharen and actor Nivin Pauly—for the romantic comedy thriller film Neram which was simultaneously made in Tamil and Malayalam. The movie became a big success, and the lead pair was appreciated by both critics and audiences alike. The scene in which Nivin proposes to Nazriya acquired cult status among cinegoers. She was then seen in Raja Rani an IT professional called Keerthana. Gautaman Bhaskaran from Hindustan Times wrote "the one person who caught my attention was Nazriya Nazim, who as Arya’s lover, Keerthana, is absolutely gorgeous with a face that is so expressive that we do not need her to speak". Her next release was Naiyaandi in which she played the role of a dentist.
In 2014 she was first seen in Salalah Mobiles, which flopped amidst having a strong star cast, including Dulquer Salmaan. She has completed filming for Thirumanam Enum Nikkah in Tamil, in which she acts as a Tamil Iyengar girl, and Om Shanthi Oshaana in Malayalam. Ohm Shanthi Oshaana saw her sharing screen space with her lucky charm Nivin Pauly. As believed, the film became a big hit, and became one of the biggest blockbusters of the entire industry, running 50 days in almost all theatres. Her most recent films are Bangalore Days and Samsaaram Aarogyathinu Haanikaram in Malayalam, and Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah and Vaayai Moodi Pesavum in Tamil. Nazriya was signed to star in Nee Nalla Varuvada in October 2013. However, in March 2014, Kajal Aggarwal was signed on and replaced Nazriya. In 2014, she received a Vijay Award in the category of Best Debut Actress, for her acting in Neram (2013). She was also adjudged the best actress in the 45th Kerala State Film Awards.
In January 2014, Malayalam film actor Fahadh Faasil announced to the media that he was set to marry Nazriya. The pair had gotten to know each other more on the sets of Anjali Menon's Bangalore Days (2014), in which they were playing a husband and wife. Fahadh and Nazriya revealed that their parents played a pivotal role in arranging the marriage. The pair were engaged in February 2014, before having a wedding ceremony on 21 August 2014 in Thiruvananthapuram.
- 2013 – TTK Prestige – Vanitha Film Awards – Best Star Pair withNivin Pauly for Neram
- 2013 – Asiavision Awards – New Sensation in Acting
- 2014 –Jaihind TV Film Awards for Upcoming Talent
- 2014 – Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair for Neram
- 2013 – Edison Awards for Best Debut Actress for Neram
- 2014 – Vikatan Awards For Best Debut Actress for Neram
- 2014 – Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress for Neram
- 2014 – Nominated – Filmfare Awards South for Best Actor Supporting Role Female for Raja Rani
- 2014 – Filmfare Awards South for Best Debut (Female) for Neram
- 2014 – Nominated – 3rd South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Female Debutant for Neram
- 2014 – Nominated – Asiavision Awards for Best Actress for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana and Bangalore Days
- 2014 – Asiavision Awards for Outstanding Performance of the Year
- 2015 – Asianet Film Awards for Most Popular Actress for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana
- 2015 – Nominated – Asianet Film Awards for Best Actress for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana
- 2015 – Vanitha Film Awards for Most Popular Actress for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana and Bangalore Days
- 2015 - Nominated -Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Malayalam for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana
- 2015 – Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress for Ohm Shanthi Oshaana and Bangalore Days
As an actress
As a singer
|2014||"La La Lasa (Ummachi Rap)"||Salalah Mobiles||Malayalam||Debut as a singer|
|2014||"Ente Kannil Ninakkai"||Bangalore Days||Malayalam|