Power Rangers Dino Charge is the twenty-second season of the long-running Americanchildren's television programPower Rangers. Using footage, costumes, and props from Japanese Super Sentai Series Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, it is the first season to be distributed by Saban Brands Entertainment Group after the formation of two new units within the company called Saban Brands Lifestyle Group and Saban Brands Entertainment Group on December 11, 2014. The show is produced by SCG Power Rangers and began airing on Nickelodeon on February 7, 2015.
The second season, and twenty-third overall, is called Power Rangers Dino Super Charge and premiered on January 30, 2016.
Season 1: Dino Charge
65,000,000 years ago, a dinosauroid-like alien named Keeper was pursued through the galaxy by Sledge, an intergalactic bounty hunter bent on acquiring the ten Energems in Keeper's care and using them to conquer the universe. Keeper crash landed on prehistoric Earth, entrusting the gems to a group of dinosaurs for safekeeping and crippled Sledge's ship with a bomb that left the bounty hunter stranded in deep space. Unfortunately, Sledge's collection of asteroids held in a tractor beam accidentally rained down on prehistoric Earth and ultimately caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.
In the present day, Keeper is found by archaeologist Kendall Morgan and they set up a base under the Amber Beach Dinosaur Museum in the city of Amber Beach. They begin a mission to find the Energems, but five have already found by teenagers who use them to morph into the Dino Charge Power Rangers. The group consists of the Red Ranger Tyler, the adventurous leader of the group who is searching for his father who disappeared years ago on an archaeological dig; the Pink Ranger Shelby, a tomboy and waitress with a vast knowledge of dinosaurs; the Blue Ranger Koda, a Cro-Magnoncaveman living in modern times as he found his Energem in his tribe's cave and was kept in suspended animation until the present day; the Green Ranger Riley, the youngest of the group who is skilled with swords; and the Black Ranger Chase, the suave and laid back member of the group originally from New Zealand. With these powers, the Dino Charge Power Rangers fight against Sledge, Poisandra, Fury, Wrench, Curio, and their prison full of monsters in order to find the remaining Energems and protect the Earth.
As time goes by, the Rangers are joined by additional teammates with additional Dino Zords: the Gold Ranger Ivan, an 800-year old knight from Zandar who was trapped in the body of Sledge's minion Fury and the Graphite Ranger Prince Philip III of Zandar, the modern day crown prince of Ivan's home country. Kendall takes over the position of the Purple Ranger from Albert Smith who abandons the position due to his fears of Fury's minions. New threats also emerge, including the human-like villain Heckyl.
Season 2: Dino Super Charge
Heckyl and his armored other half Snide take leadership over Sledge's henchmen and the remaining monsters after Sledge's defeat. They are working to obtain the final two Energems. The Rangers work to find the remaining Energems before Heckyl/Snide with their henchmen are able to find them.
The Power Rangers gain additional members such as the Aqua Ranger James Navarro, who was Tyler's father that went missing.
The cast includes:
- Brennan Mejia as Tyler Navarro, the Dino Charge Red Ranger
- Camille Hyde as Shelby Watkins, the Dino Charge Pink Ranger
- Yoshi Sudarso as Koda, the Dino Charge Blue Ranger
- Michael Taber as Riley Griffin, the Dino Charge Green Ranger
- James Davies as Chase Randall, the Dino Charge Black Ranger
- Davi Santos as Sir Ivan of Zandar, the Dino Charge Gold Ranger
- Claire Blackwelder as Kendall Morgan, the Dino Charge Purple Ranger II
- Ryan Carter as Heckyl
- Arthur Ranford as Albert Smith, the Dino Charge Purple Ranger I
- Jarred Blakiston as Prince Philip III, the Dino Charge Graphite Ranger
- Reuben Turner as James Navarro, the Dino Charge Aqua Ranger
- Patricia Vichman as Moana
- Alexander Walker as Matt Griffin
- Mila Simons as Chloe Randall
- Eve Gordon as Keeper (in-suit performer)
- Richard Simpson as the voice of Keeper
- Alistair Browning as the voice of Zenowing, the Dino Charge Silver Ranger
- Dan Musgrove as the voice of James Navarro
- Campbell Cooley as the voices of Snide and the Spikeballs
- Adam Gardiner as the voice of Sledge
- Paul Harrop as the voice of Fury
- Estevez Gillespie as the voices of Wrench and Curio
- Jackie Clarke as the voice of Poisandra
- Mark Mitchinson as the voice of Singe