Sammy is a nickname, frequently for people named Samuel, and also an English spelling of the Arabic name Sami.
- Sammy Adams (born 1987), American rapper and songwriter
- Sammy Cahn (1913-1993), American songwriter
- Sammy Davis, Jr. (1925-1990), American singer and actor
- Sammy Davis Sr. (1900-1988), American dancer, father of Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Sammy Fain (1902-1984), American composer
- Sammy Hagar (born 1947), American rock musician
- Sammy Johns (1946–2013), American country singer-songwriter
- Sammy Kershaw (born 1958), American country music artist
- Sammy Masters (1930–2013), American rockabilly musician
- Sammy Price (1908-1992), American jazz, boogie-woogie and jump blues pianist and bandleader
- Sammy Adjei (born 1980), Ghanaian retired footballer
- Sammy Baugh (1914-2008), American college and Hall-of-Fame National Football League player and coach
- Sammy Brooks (footballer) (1890-1960), English footballer
- Sammy Carlson (born 1989), American freestyle skier
- Sammy Collins (1923–1998), English footballer
- Samuel Day (sportsman) (1878–1950), English amateur cricketer and footballer
- Sammy Davis (American football) (born 1980), American former National Football League player
- Sammy Korir (born 1971), Kenyan long-distance runner
- Sammy Lee (diver) (born 1920), Korean-American diver and two-time Olympic Games champion
- Sammy Lee (footballer) (born 1959), former Liverpool footballer and former Bolton Wanderers manager
- Satoru Sayama (born 1957), Japanese wrestler with the stage name "Sammy Lee"
- Sammy Luftspring (1916-2000), Canadian boxer
- Sammy Mandell (1904-1967), American world lightweight champion boxer
- Sammy McIlroy (born 1954), Northern Ireland footballer
- Sammy Price (American football) (born 1943), American former National Football League player
- Sammy Kibet Rotich (born 1980), Kenyan long-distance runner
- Sammy Sosa (born 1968), Dominican baseball player
- Sammy Stewart (born 1954), American former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Sammy Stewart (footballer, born 1920) (1920–1995), Scottish footballer
- Sammy Stewart (footballer, born 1991), Northern Irish footballer
- Sammy Traoré (born 1976), French and Malian footballer
- Sammy Watkins (American football) (born 1993), American National Football League player
- Sammy White (American football) (born 1954), American former National Football League player
- Sammy Brooks (1891–1951), American film actor
- Sammy Lee (choreographer), Oscar nominated choreographer of Ali Baba Goes to Town
- Sammy Lee (producer), see The Upside of Anger
- Sammy Albon (born 1992) British YouTuber and radio personality
- Sammy Tak Lee (born 1939), Hong Kong billionaire property developer
- Sammy Lee (scientist) (1958–2012), expert in in vitro fertilisation
- Sammy Younge Jr. (1944–1966), African-American murdered civil rights activist
- Sammy Jo Carrington, on the American TV show Dynasty
- Sammy Day, the title character of Sammy (comics), a Belgian comics series
- Sammy Glick, main character of the novel What Makes Sammy Run?
- Sammy Keyes, a character from the book series Sammy Keyes
- Sammy Square, a character from the Australian children's TV show The Shapies'
- Sammy, on the New Zealand/British post-apocalyptic TV series The Tribe
- Sammy the Owl, official mascot of the athletics teams of Rice University
- Sammy, from the short story "Don't Look At It! Don't Touch It!"