Sumire(菫, すみれ, スミレ) is a feminine Japanese given name.
Sumire can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 菫, "violet"
- as a name
- 紫花, "purple, flower"
- 純麗, "purity, lovely"
- 澄玲, "lucidity, sound of jewels"
- 澄麗, "lucidity, lovely"
- Sumire (純恋, 1987–2009), Japanese fashion model
- Sumire (すみれ, born 1990), Japanese fashion model and actress
- Sumire Haruno (寿美礼, born 1972), Japanese Takarasienne
- Sumire Satō (born 1993), Japanese idol
- María Sumire, Peruvian politician and member of Union for Peru party
- Sumire Matsuda (born 1999)
- Sumire Morohoshi (born 1999), Japanese voice actress
- Sumire Uesaka (born 1991), Japanese voice actress
- Sumire, the main heroine of the 1999 novel Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
- Sumire Hoshino (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series Pāman
- Sumire Iwaya (澄麗), the main character of the manga and TV drama series Tramps Like Us
- Sumire Kanou (すみれ), a character in the manga and anime series Toradora!
- Sumire Kanzaki (すみれ), a character in the Japanese media franchise Sakura Wars
- Sumire Kasugano (すみれ), a character in the anime series Sally the Witch
- Sumire Ryuzaki (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series The Prince of Tennis
- Sumire Shinohara, a character in the anime series Super Doll Licca-chan
- Sumire Shōda (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series Gakuen Alice
- Sumire Takahana (スミレ), the main heroine of the manga series Venus Versus Virus
- Sumire, the main character from the manga Midnight Children by Shinjo Mayu
- Sumire Uemoto, a character from The World God Only Knows
- Sumire, the baby character of the manga Ore no Ko desu ka? by Kurita Riku
- Sumire Hikami, the character from Aikatsu! (season 3)
- Sumire Saitō (菫), a character in the manga series K-On!
- Sumire Kameyama, a character in the drama series "Massan", sister of Masaharu Kameyama
- Sumire, a character in the anime series The Glass Flower and The Destroyed World
- Sumire September love, a 1982 hit song by Japanese band Ippu-Do, covered by Shazna in 1997 and Megamasso in 2011
- Sumire, a 2003 song on the Japanese band Yuzu
- Sumire, a song on The Gazette's 2004 album Madara
- The project code name of the Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone
- Sumire 16 sai!!, a Japanese manga and TV drama series