The Texas Jewish Post started publication in 1947. Rene and Jimmy Wisch were the starters of the TJP. Their family now works there.
According to the Handbook of Texas Online, "The Jewish Telegraphic Agency, a news service supported by the Council of Jewish Federations and Welfare Funds, provided wire reports. Reportage also has originated from Seven Arts Features, Worldwide News Services, and the United Nations Service. The Post's own correspondents contributed coverage from Washington, D.C., and Israel."
The Handbook of Texas Online states that, "Although the Post was a confirmed Zionist newspaper, subscribers represented a broad range of Jewish congregations, organizations, agencies, and enterprises within the circulation area, and the pages carried a variety of opinions in columns and contributed articles. The paper sought to reach beyond Fort Worth in coverage and circulation, and to communicate Jewish concerns to gentiles as well as the Jewish community. Post subscribers and advertisers included non-Jews."