Wine Enthusiast Companies is a multichannel marketer of a growing line of wine- and spirits-related products. The company addresses the wholesale, retail and consumer-direct markets and is headquartered one hour outside Manhattan in Mount Kisco, New York.
Founded in 1979 by Adam and Sybil Strum, Wine Enthusiast Companies engages in the wine accessories, storage, information, education, events and travel markets. Founded as a direct mail business, Wine Enthusiast has printed over 300 million catalogs. Today, Wine Enthusiast markets via direct mail, multiple internet sites and an active business-to-business division.
Wine Enthusiast Magazine was founded in 1988, bringing consumers information on the world of wine and spirits, reviewing hundreds of wines each month, and comprehensive coverage of wine and lifestyle topics peripheral to wine, such as entertaining, travel, restaurants and notable sommeliers. Published 14 times a year, the magazine has a readership of 800,000 consumers worldwide. The magazine has an accompanying Web site, , that hosts an extensive database of wine reviews, interviews food and wine pairings, beer and spirits news, and other topics.
The magazine’s editors are:
- Executive editor: Susan Kostrzewa
- Managing editor: Joe Czerwinski
- Tasting director/senior editor: Lauren Buzzeo
- Senior editor: Jameson Fink
- Web editor/producer: Marina Vataj,
- Assistant digital editor: Dylan Garret
- European editor: Roger Voss
- Italian editor: Kerin O'Keefe
- Contributing editor (Oregon and Canada): Paul Gregutt
- Contributing editor (Washington and Idaho): Sean S. Sullivan
- Contributing editor (South America, Spain): Michael Schachner
- Contributing editor (Austria): Anne Krebiehl
- Contributing editors (California): Virginie Boone, Jim Gordon, Matt Kettmann
- Contributing editor (New York, Germany): Anna Lee C. Iijima
- Contributing editors, lifestyle & entertaining: Mike DeSimone and Jeff Jenssen
- Spirits editor: Kara Newman
- Contributing editor, food: Nils Bernstein
- Contributing editor, travel: Alexis Korman
Wine Enthusiast Companies
Wine Enthusiast magazine is part of the Wine Enthusiast Companies, founded in 1979 by Adam and Sybil Strum, which also includes a wine accessories catalog company, Wine Enthusiast, and an online wine shop, Wine Express.
In addition to print and online publication, Wine Enthusiast Magazine hosts events for consumers and trade. Two main annual events are the Top 100 Wine Restaurant event, which celebrates the top 100 wine restaurants in the United States featured yearly in the August Issue, the annual Wine Star Awards dinner, during which awards are given to recipients in ten major industry categories.