Alvin Sun Advertiser

In 1978, the now daily paper was a single sheet, printed on both sides. The current name, The Alvin Sun was adopted in 1890, and was delivered by paperboys throughout the community on a weekly basis. The purchase of the Alvin Advertiser in 1979 increased the ability of the paper to cover a bigger area three times a week. [1]