Amy R. Rigdon
BA, Stetson University, 2005 summa cum laude
JD, Stetson University, 2008 summa cum laude
Top Page Editors
Recent Page Activity
Amy Rigdon is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Rigdon practices in the areas of investment fund formation and operations and investment adviser representation. Her practice focuses on private equity funds, hedge funds, collective investment trusts, and other private investment funds and financial regulatory matters across a variety of industries. Ms. Rigdon counsels investment advisors, onshore and offshore private investment funds, and other related clients in matters related to corporate and securities law. Her practice includes:
- Raising new investment funds, including drafting the fund offering materials and governing agreements and negotiating special terms and side letters with prospective investors and their counsel
- Advising on fund operations, including structuring portfolio company acquisitions and divestitures, co-investment programs and management equity arrangements
- Registering investment advisers with both state regulators and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and handling ongoing compliance matters
In addition to her primary practice, Ms. Rigdon serves as Co-chair of the firm’s D.C. Women Lawyers Group and plays an active role on Stetson University College of Law Alumni Advisory Council.
Ms. Rigdon regularly authors on corporate and financial issues, including:
- “Private Equity Fund Managers: Annual Compliance Reminders and New Developments,” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (February 2016 and March 2015)
- “Drawbacks to Clawbacks: Innocent Victim or Windfall Recipient?,” ABA Business Law Section’s Young Lawyer Committee Newsletter (January 2011)
- “Dangerous Data: How Disputed Research Legalized Public Single-Sex Education,” Stetson Law Review, 37 Stetson L. Rev. 527 (Winter 2008)