Andrew Yancey is an associate in the San Diego office of Latham & Watkins and focuses his practice on:
- Infrastructure and development projects
- Regional and local plan compliance, including SANDAG’s RTP/SCS, San Diego County General Plan, and City of San Diego General Plan
- Counseling clients on State requirements for project greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Environmental and land use litigation
- Counseling clients on environmental and land use laws including:
- California Environmental Policy Act (CEQA)
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Cortese-Knox-Hertzberger Local Government Agency Reorganization Act
- Renewable energy and transmission infrastructure
- Administrative proceedings before the California Public Utilities Commission, California Coastal Commission, and Local Agency Formation Commissions
- Compliance with state and federal environmental laws
- State court litigation pre-trial discovery and motion practice
- CEQA appeals
Mr. Yancey’s pro bono work has included assisting clients with immigration proceedings and veterans’ benefits. He has also represented pro bono clients in fraud litigation in California Superior Court.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Yancey worked as the Deputy Press Secretary to US Senator Blanche Lincoln and as a Legislative Assistant to US Representative Mike McIntyre.