AppNeta is privately held, and backed by venture investors, including SolarWinds, Bain Capital Ventures, JMI Equities, Egan-Managed Capital and Business Development Bank of Canada. The company currently employs 55 people. Customers and partners include Artisan Infrastructure and Bandwidth Management Group.
In July 2014, Matt Stevens, co-founder of AppNeta, replaced Jim Melvin as the company's CEO.
AppNeta's PathView Cloud is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool that's intended to help enterprises, managed service providers (MSPs) and technology vendors to "assure end-user quality of experience". Enterprises use PathView Cloud to manage application and network performance across different branch offices. This technology has additionally been deployed by managed service providers (MSPs) to monitor their customers’ network performance and generate service revenue.
PathView Cloud is designed for IT professionals to monitor and analyse network traffic, as well as pinpoint the causes of performance issues in applications including VoIP, Video conferencing, virtualization, and additional cloud-based services.
In September 2012, the company released its unified performance management solution called TraceView, after acquiring Tracelytics. According to AppNeta, this service provides Web application performance management across different application layers and environments.
- “Best Use of Cloud Delivery” by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Strong Value" by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Tech Innovator" by the Xchange Technology Innovator Awards in the managed services category
- "Customer Enhancement Value of the Year 2010" by Frost & Sullivan
- "2010 Excellence Award" by Unified Communications