AppNeta was launched in early 2010, by the team and technology of Apparent Networks. AppNeta is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with the Research and Development team based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
AppNeta is privately held, and backed by venture investors, including SolarWinds, Bain Capital Ventures, JMI Equities, Egan-Managed Capital and Business Development Bank of Canada. The company currently employs 55 people. Customers and partners include Artisan Infrastructure, Bandwidth Management Group, etc.
In July 2014, Matt Stevens, co-founder of AppNeta, replaced Jim Melvin as the company's CEO.
AppNeta's PathView Cloud is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool that helps enterprises, managed service providers (MSPs) and technology vendors to "assure end-user quality of experience". Enterprises use PathView Cloud to manage application and network performance across different branch offices. This technology has also been deployed by managed service providers (MSPs) to monitor their customers’ network performance and generate service revenue.
PathView Cloud is designed for IT professionals to monitor and analyze network traffic, as well as pinpoint the causes of performance issues in applications including VoIP, Video conferencing, virtualization, and other cloud-based services. The network management service enables visibility into how an application will perform on any network, including all security and traffic shaping technologies.
In September 2012, the company released its unified performance management solution called TraceView, after acquiring Tracelytics. According to AppNeta, this service provides easy Web application performance management across different application layers and environments, including Java, PHP, etc. Also, users have access to analysis and visuals of the performance data.
- “Best Use of Cloud Delivery” by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Strong Value" by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Tech Innovator" by the Xchange Technology Innovator Awards in the managed services category
- "Customer Enhancement Value of the Year 2010" by Frost & Sullivan
- "2010 Excellence Award" by Unified Communications