Atlantico is a French news website. Founded in March 2011 amid much media attention,[14][15][16][17][18] it quickly attracted notice for scoops related to scandals involving the Socialist politician and International Monetary Fund head, Dominique Strauss-Kahn.[19]

The website is inspired by the American websites The Huffington Post and The Daily Beast.[14][15] It characterizes its editorial position as "[classical] liberal and independent",[15][16] while other French media have associated it with the right wing of the French political spectrum,[14][16][19] a label rejected by Atlantico.[15][18]

51% of Atlantico's stock of one million euro[18] is held by its founders, the journalists Jean-Sébastien Ferjou, Pierre Guyot, Loïc Rouvin and Igor Daguier, and the remaining 49% by "Free Minds", a group of investors that includes Arnaud Dassier, a former campaign adviser to French president Nicolas Sarkozy.[19] As of 2011, the site does not charge for access and is financed through advertisements.[14] Its staff of about ten journalists also includes Gilles Klein, Anita Hausser, Christian de Villeneuve and Yves Derai,[18] and among its regular contributors are the writers Chantal Delsol, Paul-Marie Coûteaux, Gérard de Villiers, Guy Sorman and Tristane Banon.[19]