A reputable and award winning independent hostel, Birmingham Central Backpackers is Birmingham’s FIRST, BEST and ONLY Independent Hostel! Run by travellers for travellers, we are oozing with quirky colourful character and an amazingly friendly staff. Many of our guests keep coming back time and again, it's time you come and find out why!
In the summer, one of the best places to be is our garden. It's a great place to have a drink, chat or BBQ. In the winter we have a cosy common room and gigantic projection screen for movie nights. We also have a licensed bar operating all year round.
Enjoy the following... it's on us!
FREE light breakfast (toast, spreads, fruit and squash)
FREE tea and coffee all day long
FREE movies (over 600 to choose from!) on a gigantic projection screen TV and DVD rental
FREE clean linen and towels
FREE luggage storage
FREE use of a fully-fitted communal kitchen
FREE maps and tourist information centre
FREE reading and travel library
FREE use of hairdryers and iron/ironing boards
So what kind of rooms do we have to offer?
We have private singles, twin, triple and quad rooms with tea and coffee making facilities.
We also have shared dorm rooms that hold between four and twelve people. Most dorm rooms have lockers but if they don’t we have even more lockers in the common room. All toilet/shower facilities are shared.
Our eight bed POD dorm adds a new level of privacy to backpacking. Based on the Japanese capsule design, each POD has a 360 degree private reading light, locker, extra comfy mattress, and curtain so you can have the utmost privacy if that’s what you are looking for. But book early if you want to secure one of these beds - they sell like hotcakes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - If you book to stay with us you are accepting the following conditions.
• Check-in time is 2pm-11pm. If you require an alternative check in time, please contact us directly so we can make the appropriate arrangements and a late check-in fee will apply. If you do not contact us there may not be a member of staff available to help you.
• PHOTO ID is compulsory to check into this hostel-without it we will not be required to honour your booking and you will still be liable to pay for the 1st night’s stay
• Our reception/common room is open daily from 8am - 12 midnight.
• We do not accept guests under the age of 16 due to our licence. No under 18’s are allowed in the common room after 8pm due to the fact that there is a bar in this area.
• Alcohol consumed on our premises must be bought from our bar due to licensing laws and consumed in our common room or outdoor garden and nowhere else. We are also a non-smoking hostel in accordance with English law. Guests caught bringing in outside alcohol, smoking or drinking alcohol purchased from us in unauthorized areas will be evicted (along with their entire group) immediately without refund. There will be no debate or arguments. In addition a fine of £200 will be made to the card booked with.
• Only authorized guests are allowed in our hostel. Any guest (including their entire party) caught bringing in other people will be evicted immediately without refund and charged for the additional people they have allowed to trespass in our buildings.
• We accept debit and credit card payments.
• Most rooms are of equal value and are interchangeable
• Prices on this website are Internet Prices Only. Walk-in prices start at £15 on weekdays, and £16 on weekends.
• Cancellations needs to be made 24 hours before 12pm check-in on the day of arrival or the first night of the stay will be charged. Group bookings of 6 or more it is 7 days’ notice.