Bittersweet Highway is a singer-songwriter duo hailing from a thriving metropolis of fourteen that scratches the border of Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. With art imitating life, it’s no wonder that they have come to refer to their distinct style of music as “Borderland Folk.” Navigating, and oftentimes, crossing the boundaries of musical genres, Folk meets Indie, dances with Jazz, brushes up against Blues and creates a sound that is fresh and uniquely their own. Melodic conversations reveal themselves through this music; evoke the stories that hide in the gravel and grass of the roadside. Wanderlust and loss, longing and belonging, irony and epiphany rise and fall through imagery as varied and wide as the land they call home - the bitter and the sweet that are scattered along the road of life. Smooth, resonant vocals intertwine with surprising phrasing. Poetic guitar work is supported by soft-droning bass, and high-strung guitars. These are tunes that echo long past the first listen. Bittersweet Highway’s relaxed and intimate rapport with each other and their audience allows for a wonderfully interactive experience of live music that speaks to the journeys of the heart.
• Finalists - "It All Falls Away” - Best Indie South West Folk/Americana/Bluegrass Song at the Independent Music Awards South West 2014
• Finalist - Rene’ Janiece - Best Indie South West Female Artist/Group category at the Independent Music Awards South West 2014
• Finalists - Best Song and Best Bluegrass/Americana Song categories in the Indie Music Awards of the South West 2013
• Finalists in the South Fork 2013, 2014 Singer/Songwriter Competition
• Featured on KRZA Community Radio, Alamosa, CO / Taos, NM
• Featured on KURU Community Radio, Silver City Acoustic Radio Show, Silver City, NM
• Featured on KFAN Texas Rebel Radio, Fredericksburg, Tx.
• Tucson Folk Festival Performers, 2014
• Sipapu “Music On The Rocks” Festival Performers 2014
• “Applefest” Festival Performers 2013, 2014
• Honorable Mention Singer/Songwriter Competition “The Woodie Guthrie Folk Festival” 2015
You can edit something on the page right now! Register today, it's fast and free!