Blue Eyeball 2.0 HD Webcam
Meet the Eyeball 2.0; a revolutionary new webcam with HD-quality audio and two megapixel video. The Eyeball 2.0 delivers Blue’s award winning design and sound quality to a portable webcam. The Eyeball 2.0’s retractable camera lens preserves your privacy and ensures that the Eyeball 2.0 turns itself off when you aren’t broadcasting. The custom-designed monitor adapter makes it simple to position it on virtually any laptop or desktop monitor. The Eyeball 2.0 features Blue’s famous pro-quality condenser capsule, giving it better sound than any webcam in the market and features Super HD video to complete the picture. The Eyeball 2.0 works on both Mac and PC with no complicated drivers to install: just connect it to your computer’s USB port. The Eyeball 2.0’s unique design allows you to place it on a desk or flat surface near your computer, or mount it to the screen of most laptops. The Eyeball 2.0 offers a wide range of applications coupled with an ease of use and unique privacy features never before offered in a professional-quality portable webcam.
- 2 megapixels HD Video. Specifically, resolution up to 1600 x 1200
- Up to 30 fps (at 640x480 resolution, system dependent)
Tips for use:
- Use the Eyeball 2.0 to video chat with friends and family anywhere in the world! If you'd rather just record your voice or favorite instrument, close the camera shuttle and you're ready to go.
- For maximum enjoyment, use the Eyeball 2.0 in a quiet controlled space, where loud background noise can be kept at a minimum, to best capture your voice.
- Like any webcam, the Eyeball 2.0 is sensitive to lighting conditions. The video image may not appear as clear in dark or over exposed conditions. Experiment with your room's lighting and the positioning of the Eyeball 2.0 for best results.
- Try positioning your Eyeball 2.0 around eye-level, with the light source above the camera, for a sharp, well- lit image.
- For optimum use, We recommend using the Eyeball 2.0's webcam at a Frame Rate of 30fps and the audio at 44.1k, 16-bit
Features & Functionality
- What exactly is the deal with the Eyeball 2.0?
We have taken the sound and portability of our Snowflake portable USB mic and paired it with a High Definition webcam! Video chatting has never been better. Just plug in and launch your favorite messengering/chatting software and you're ready to go.
- Do I need to install any drivers to use my Eyeball 2.0?
No. The Eyeball 2.0 is designed to be simple. You can use it with any video host program or software which recognizes/accepts USB devices. *
- How do I mount the Eyeball 2.0 to my screen?
* The Eyeball 2.0's metal base will fit many monitor screens. If your Eyeball 2.0 does not fit securely over your screen, try sliding the included rubber adapter over the end of the metal base to secure the Eyeball 2.0 to your screen, as shown below.
- Why is my Eyeball 2.0 so sensitive to light?
The Eyeball 2.0 utilizes an Auto Adjustment feature for best performance in a wide range of lighting conditions. As a result, when you open or expose the Eyeball 2.0 to new lighting, allow about 10 seconds for the camera to adjust to your new lighting conditions.
- What does "Cardioid" mean?
This is the polar pattern or direction of sound pick-up the Eyeball 2.0's microphone is capable of. If you think of polar patterns as the shape of the area that a microphone "hears," cardioid only picks-up what's right in front of it. It will pick-up other sounds at increasingly diminished volume as the sound source moves further away from the center of the mic, to the side or even the rear (audio techs call this off-axis).
- Which Frame Rate is ideal for use with the Eyeball 2.0?
To optimize your video casting experience, we recommend using a Frame Rate of 30 FPS with your Eyeball 2.0.
- How can I maximize the video quality of my Eyeball 2.0?
Depending on the version of software you are using with the Eyeball 2.0, you may be able to adjust the brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation. Consult your video Software Preferences to optimize its capabilities (video capabilities may vary by software application).
- What sample rate and word length does the Eyeball 2.0 use?
The Eyeball 2.0's digital output is set to 44.1 kHz / 16-bit, just like an audio CD. But this is something that only audio geeks really need to worry about!
- How can I select a different sample rate?
Because the Eyeball 2.0 is designed for the greatest ease of operation and setup, sample rate / word length are not user-definable.
- Can I use more than one Eyeball 2.0 at a time?
Some audio editing software allows for multiple USB connections. Check with your software vendor - they should have technical support staff who can answer all of your questions about their product.
- Which Software supports the use of the Eyeball 2.0?
Any software that accepts USB input and supports video is compatible. Some great applications we have found include (but are not limited to): Google Chat, iChat, ooVoo, AOL Instant Messenger, Skype and Yahoo! Messenger.