Bogata News-Talco Times

The Bogata News was established in 1910 by R.L. Stanley but was sold the next year to Brice Collins. Sam C. Holloway took over in 1937 and published it along with the Deport Times and Talco Times. Like the two other publications, Holloway sold the Bogata News in 1965 to George Grant and Jerry Burns. They sold to James and Tish Bass and Bob and Patricia Wright in 1973. Today, Thomas and Nanalee Nichols own the newspaper. In summer 2007 they merged the Bogata News and Talco Times into one newspaper, the Bogata News/Talco Times. Founded: 1910 [1]