The Brooklyn Exponent is a weekly newspaper serving the communities in and around Brooklyn, Michigan and the Irish hills, Michigan.

History

The Brooklyn Exponent was started on September 1, 1881 by Charles Clough. At his death the following year, his widow, Ethlyn, took over the business and ran the newspaper for over a decade. The paper covered the Brooklyn are, as well as the general Irish Hills, Cement City, Michigan, Clark Lake, Michigan and Napoleon, Michigan areas.

In June 1965, The Brooklyn Exponent changed its production format from broadsheet to tabloid, and expanded its coverage to the Addison, Michigan, Onsted, Michigan, Manitou Beach, Michigan and Somerset, Michigan communities.

As of 2011, the weekly, paid circulation newspaper is owned by The Schepeler Corporation.