Canyon Courier

In 1955 in Indian Hills, the need for a source of information for a growing mountain community gave rise to a monthly newspaper called Smoke Signals. Backed financially by the Indian Hills Fire Department, Smoke Signals started on a shoestring but grew steadily along with the community. Within six months of the paper’s creation, the Inter-Canyon and Idledale departments were also pitching in, and advertising revenues began to grow. [1]