The PX-780 from Casio is a digital grand piano featuring a redesigned 88-note Tri-sensor scaled hammer-action keyboard, 250 Built-in tones with split and layer functionality, dual 20-watt speakers, USB MIDI and three pedals, all packaged in a stylish cabinet with sliding key cover. A two-track recorder can record and playback practice sessions and performances.
Aside from the grand piano sounds, the keyboard includes other instrument tones including strings, organs, electric pianos and bass. The company's proprietary "AiR" (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) sound source provides realism and detail with seamless dynamics. A Damper Resonance and Hammer Response simulator provides the rich sound of the strings when the sustain pedal is used.
- 88-note Scaled Hammer-Action keyboard with ebony and ivory feel keys
- 250 built-in tones
- AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) piano sound
- Other instrument tones including strings, organs, electric pianos and bass
- Three pedals with half-pedal support
- Keyboard action and the sound engine take into consideration the speed at which different sized hammers move inside acoustic grand relative to the velocity the keys are pressed
- Three sensors capture the dynamics of a performance with speed and accuracy
- Damper Resonance and Hammer Response simulator
- Split and layer capability allow for playing bass with left hand and with two layered tones for the right hand
- Duet mode splits the keyboard into two equal ranges, allowing student and teacher to use the piano simultaneously
- Two-track recorder can record and playback practice sessions and performances
- Class-compliant USB connectivity allows for use with Mac or Windows computers without the need to download drivers
- Can be used as a controller for the Apple iPad by using Apple's Camera Connection Kit (not included
- Housed in stylish cabinet with sliding key cover