On the Pacific Coast of Oaxaca in Puerto Escondido, in front of world famous Zicatela Beach, you’ll find Casa Chicatana. We have options for every type of budget.
- Shared Dorm with 12 beds and sea view terrace.
- Semi Private Dorm with shared bathroom and sea view kitchen.
- 9 Private Rooms with private bathroom for between 2-5 people, include access to a shared kitchen and sea view terrace.
- If you’re travelling in a group, you could check out the PH apartment, with two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, complete kitchen, dining room and terrace with spectacular ocean views.
- We also have a new Garden House with 4 rooms located at the top of the garden behind the hostel with air conditioning, complete kitchen, huge terraces and a spectacular view of the Zicatela Surf.
- Our restaurant has a delicious range of smoothies, juices, all day breakfasts, sandwiches, salads, tacos and burritos. (Look for us on Facebook or Trip Advisor – Auakate, Puerto Escondido)
In our garden we have a sweet little pool, table tennis, hammocks and a bar which offers a selection of mezcal, and of course, cold beer and good music.
We want your time with us to be a memorable one. Our team is on hand to help 24/7 and we have security cameras for everybody’s peace of mind.
We are located right in front of the sea towards the north end of Zicatela Beach, super close to all the best restaurants and bars but far enough away to be able to get a decent night’s sleep for those wanting to catch the early morning waves. We’re around 30 minutes on foot from the city center or $25 pesos by taxi.
Zicatela Beach is enormous and beautiful but the other beaches nearby are lovely too. La Punta is perfect for beginners to mid-level surfers and Carrizalillo is a paradise for complete beginners and a good option for swimming or just playing in the waves.
You can reach these nearby beaches in taxi for around 30 pesos.
Things to Do:
We want to help you have an incredible experience by sharing with you everything we love about Puerto.
We can contact you with the best people for surf classes, yoga, sport fishing, ultra-light flights, trips to the bio luminescence in the lagoons of Manialtepec and Chacahua, turtle release, scuba diving, Spanish classes and all other local amenities and activities.
If you get lucky fishing, we’ll be happy to prepare your fish for you in the restaurant for a small charge or ask in reception for the use of the garden BBQ.
From the Airport, the cheapest option is to get a shared Minivan which costs around $30 pesos per person. A private taxi can be $150 pesos or you can also walk down to the airport entrance on the main road (200m) and take a taxi for around 50 pesos.
If you arrive by Bus (ADO or the main Terminal Turistica) a cab will cost around 30-40 pesos.
Reservations and Payments:
Cancellation Policy: 15 days advance notice.
Payment Options: Credit or Debit Cards (4% surcharge) Cash (Mexican Pesos or US Dollars), Bank Transfers/Deposits or Paypal (4% surcharge).
Please let us know your preferred form of payment and we’ll provide the relevant instructions.
Check-in time : 15:00.
Check-out time : 13:00.
Breakfast not included (extra cost).