Christopher D. Brearton
Christopher Brearton is a partner in the firm’s Entertainment, Sports & Media Practice and the Deputy Office Managing Partner of the firm's Century City office.
Mr. Brearton advises motion picture studios, independent producers, financial institutions, investment funds, television networks and sports organizations. He counsels clients in transactions ranging from the creation of strategic alliances and complex commercial licensing arrangements, to project financing and industry-specific mergers and acquisitions.
He was formerly a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with KPMG in Los Angeles.
Mr. Brearton has been recognized as a leading lawyer in:
- The Daily Journal as one of the Top 100 California Lawyers and Top California Entertainment Lawyers (2014, 2015)
- Variety as one of the top entertainment attorneys (2014, 2015); a Variety “Dealmaker” (2011, 2013-2015); and one of “50 Game-Changing Entertainment Attorneys” (2012)
- The Hollywood Reporter on the “Power Lawyers” list (2013, 2015)
- The Expert Guides’ Best of the Best USA as a “Top Thirty Media Attorneys in the United States” (2013)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World's Leading Media Lawyers as a “Leading Lawyer in Media” (2012, 2013)
- Best Lawyers in America for Entertainment Law (2012-2015)
- The Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer for Media, Technology and Telecoms: Film, Music and TV (2008, 2012, 2013) and Sports Law (2014)
- Chambers as a leader in Media and Entertainment Transactional Law (2009 - 2014)
- SportsBusiness Journal in its annual “Forty Under 40" (2010)
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the LA Sports Council, as well as LA’s Promise, a non-profit organization transforming under-served communities by preparing every child in one South Los Angeles neighborhood to graduate high school. He is also a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Sports Lawyers Association.