Diana S. Doyle
Diana Doyle’s practice focuses on tax planning for multinational companies with an emphasis on private and public company mergers and acquisitions. She has advised domestic and international companies on such matters as structuring taxable and tax-free stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, cross-border migrations, tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, securities offerings, limited liability company agreements and partnership tax. Ms. Doyle also has significant experience with tax audits, administrative appeals and litigation.
Ms. Doyle serves as the chair of the planning committee for the University of Chicago Tax Conference and is a frequent speaker on a variety of tax topics, including the following recent presentations:
- “Tax Strategies: 2015 Cross-Border Acquisitions” at Practising Law Institute’s International Tax Issues Conference (2015)
- “International Joint Venture Issues” at Practising Law Institute's Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances Conference (2015)
- “US Tax Issues Raised by Cross-Border Migrations” at ABA Section of International Law Meeting (2014)
- "International Tax Structuring" for the M&A Workshop of the Chicago Chapter of Tax Executives Institute (2014)
- “International Joint Venture Issues – Outbound and Inbound” at Practising Law Institute's Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances Conference (2014)
- “Tax Planning with Disregarded Entities: Opportunities and Pitfalls” at Chicago-Kent College of Law's 32nd Annual Federal Tax Institute Conference (2013)
- “International Tax for Beginners: The US Foreign Tax Credit System” for the Annual Tax School of the Houston Chapter of Tax Executives Institute (2013)
- “Exploring the Limits of the Evolving Economic Substance, Business Purpose and Related Doctrines, Penalty Defenses, Circular 230 and Ethical Considerations” at Practising Law Institute’s Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions and Dispositions (2013)
Ms. Doyle is an active member (and past board member) of the Chicago-based Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law, past Advisory Board member of Latham’s Women Enriching Business (WEB) initiative and speaks and writes on issues concerning women in the law.