As one of the few surgeons to be certified by both the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS), Dr. David Mills' unique expertise distinguishes him as a premier surgeon. Dr. Mills is also one of the few (if not the only) oculofacial plastic surgeons in the area to have completed 2 years of accredited fellowship training in this field.
Dr. David Mills originally pursued his undergraduate degree in biochemistry at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts before pursuing his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School. After completing his residency training in ophthalmology at the University of Florida-Gainesville, Dr. Mills went on to Albany, New York to complete his fellowship in oculofacial plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery— accredited by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS). He is also a fellow of theAmerican Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), and the American College of Surgeons.
More about Dr. Mills:
- Recognized nationally as one of "America's Top Ophthalmologists"
- Published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
- Presented at over 40-invited speaking opportunities.
- Reviewer of scholarly, scientific journals.
- Featured on the cover of the American Journal of Ophthalmology (AJO), Ophthalmology Times,and The New Ophthalmologist.
- Developed online training video program for the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) on how to perform cosmetic lower eyelid surgery.