The East Oregonian (EO) is a daily newspaper published in Pendleton, Oregon, United States and covering Umatilla and Morrow counties. The newspaper was established in 1875 by M. P. Bull, as a weekly. In 1882, C. S. "Sam" Jackson purchased the EO. Within a year it had become a semiweekly, and in 1888, the paper was published every day except Sunday. Jackson went on to become the publisher of the Oregon Journal in Portland.