Maramures is famous for the wooden houses and carved wooden gates. So if you are in Maramures you should stay a few days in a wooden house with a carved wooden gates!
Property Muntean offer you all of that.
House is guarded by a carved wooden gate (the symbols from the gate protect the house from evil spirits). All bedrooms have wooden cellings and are painted and decorated in a certain colour, offering a special warmth. The overall impression is one of the most pleasant. The furniture is made of natural wood, in rustic style.
We are not in the center of the town but we can offer you free pick up from /to the train station of Sighetu Marmatiei.
We will help you discover the traditions from Maramures, one of the last places in Romania where people are still wearing traditional costumes.
Additionally we can offer diner or breakfast. You will also taste the famous 'horinca' - local homemade brandy.
FREE PICK-UP FROM THE TRAIN STATION OF SIGHETU MARMATIEI !
THE BEST PRICE FOR GUIDED TOURS BY CAR !
* big courtyard with parking place
* internet wireless
* central heating with wood
* bicycles hiring
* transfer by car from Sighet or Baia Mare railway stations and guiding for the Marmures region
* pets are allowed
* spoken foreign languages: English, French
* hiking and barbecue or bonfire on the surrounding hills, covered by meadows and orchards
* rides in a horse-drawn cart or sleigh
* guided roundtrips in Maramures
* gather wood beries and mushrooms
* visit local artisans: glass-painted icons, wattles, wood carvings, weaving on a traditional wooden loom
* swimming and beach at Iza river ( about 200 m distance)
* festive evenings with 'ceterasi' (traditional local violin singers)
* visits in the region: the Merry Cemetery in Sapanta, the wooden churches from Iza and Mara valleys, the Village Museum in Sighet etc.