Hanna Roos is an associate in the Litigation & Trial Department of Latham & Watkins and is based in the London office. Ms. Roos is a Solicitor Advocate in the Higher Courts of England and Wales, and she has represented a broad range of clients, including states and large corporations in high-value international disputes.
Ms. Roos serves on the firm’s global Pro Bono Committee, helping to coordinate and advance the firm’s global pro bono and public service efforts in Europe.
Ms. Roos' diversity and leadership work has seen her shortlisted for the 2016 prestigious WeAreTheCity Top 100 Rising Star Awards. For full details, please click here.
Ms. Roos has been invited to lecture as an External Professor for an international Masters program in clinical pharmacology, supported by Milan University, the Mario Negri Institute and Novartis Pharma.
- “Anti-Suit Awards Are Compatible With the Original Brussels I Regulation,” International Arbitration Newsletter, October 2015
- “The New LCIA Guidance Notes: Useful Reading for Parties,” International Arbitration Newsletter, October 2015
- Change to Rules of Service Out of the United Kingdom Following the Recast Brussels Regulation," London Disputes Newsletter, Mar 2015
- "Obtaining Evidence in the English Court for Use in Another EU Member State," Practical Law, Jul 2014
- "The AAA and ICDR Offer a New Optional Arbitral Appeal Process and Update the Commercial Arbitration Rules," International Arbitration Newsletter, Jan 2014
- "The Supreme Court of Lithuania Seeks Clarification from the European Court of Justice in Gazprom v. Lithuania," International Arbitration Newsletter, Jan 2014
- "Tribunal Dismisses the ICSID Case KT Asia v. Kazakhstan for Absence of an Investment," International Arbitration Newsletter, Jan 2014
- "Institution Updates: Jerusalem Arbitration Centre Opens and the Permanent Court of Arbitration Hosts Its First Arbitration in Hong Kong," International Arbitration Newsletter, Jan 2014