The News-Herald is a newspaper distributed in the northeastern portion of Greater Cleveland, Ohio, United States, serving Lake, Geauga and Ashtabula Counties as well as a section of eastern Cuyahoga County.

History

The News-Herald began as the Willoughby Independent on April 18, 1879, was renamed Willoughby Republican in 1920, and became the Lake County News-Herald in 1935. Its offices moved from downtown Willoughby to 38879 Mentor Avenue (U.S. Route 20) in 1950, then to its current location, 7085 Mentor Avenue, adjacent to Mentor, after 1973.