Just opened in June 2014 Hostel Blauer Stern is located in a newly refurbished old urban building right beside the marketplace of Lindenau in the west of Leipzig. Since a long time the so called WESTKULTUR in Plagwitz, Schleußig and Lindenau represents the free, alternative art and cultural scene of town.
With eleven quite different guest rooms on three floors and a green, cosy inner courtyard we offer you a comfortable and caring atmosphere with the important space and liberty to experience this wonderful city.
Around the marketplace you find everything you need – theatres, galleries, restaurants, pubs and a lot of shopping facilities are nearby. Not to forget the traditional weekly market on Thursdays and Fridays.
Also important to know:
* only 6 stops by tram from main station - tram station in front of hostel entrance
* our 8 rooms: one single room, three double rooms, three special family rooms with 3 or 4 beds and one mixed dorm room with 4 beds
* there are five bathrooms, a living and eating room, common kitchen, a playing room for children and a green inner courtyard with barbecue and chill-out corner at your free disposal
* children under 7 years we won't charge anything!
* 10 % discount at the bakery next door - breakfast mon - fri from 6, sat from 7 a.m. on
* free tea and coffee
* linen and towels included
* NO TV – but many books and games to lend, also radio and free WLAN
* free parking in the neighbour streets
* only 700 metres walking to 'palmengarten', the next bigger park
* huge supermarket at the marketplace
* check-in: 2 - 9 p.m. (if you want to check in later on we will charge you an amount of 10 €)
* check-out: 11 a.m.
* also note the facilities…