This is an elegant Villa which dates back to the 16th century and it is surrounded by an age-old park at the mouth of the river Chiani and the Carcaione.
Local Historiography tells us that the structure was originally a tower, La Turchinetta, and was property of one of Monaldeschi of Cervara associated with Catherina of Sweden.
This enlargement was commissioned to Ippolito Scalza (1532 - 1618) by the then owner of the tower Vincenzo Butius.
It was said that Butius, suffering from bad health, was advised by doctors to live near a river.
The villa was built, so that the Carcaione stream ran under one of the arches, which upheld the structure.
River deposits, with time have caused the ground floor of the structure to become submerged and therefore the piano nobile is now on the first floor.
The hotel, which is situated on the 2nd floor, it is of only twelve rooms, the windows of which look onto the villas park.
A recent reconstruction retained all the original characteristics of the villa (thick walls, large beams, and terracotta paving)
The restaurant on the ground floor has two large halls.
In the main hall there is a ceiling with engraved and decorated strips, painted with allegorical motifs and landscape scenes. One can also admire a stone fireplace, which is thought to be the work of Ippolito Scalza.
The excellently run restaurant presents high-class genuine Umbrian culinary cuisine. The wine cellar is well stocked with high quality wines and of course Orvieto classico.
In the Hotel we have an outdoor swimming pool but and there is also an indoor swimming pool, football ground, tennis-grounds for public use.