Jennifer Barry is global Co-chair of Latham & Watkins’ Intellectual Property Litigation Practice and a partner in the San Diego office. She represents clients in all aspects of general commercial litigation with a particular focus on intellectual property, including:
- Trademark and trade dress infringement litigation, counseling, prosecution and worldwide trademark portfolio management
- Trademark licensing counseling and litigation
- False advertising and unfair competition counseling and litigation
- Copyright counseling and litigation
- Trade secrets counseling and litigation
- Defamation and right of publicity counseling and litigation
Ms. Barry offers clients extensive expertise in both procedural and substantive law, as she has successfully litigated before numerous federal and state courts as well as the Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Ms. Barry has specialized expertise in internet law and has successfully handled domain name portfolio management and recovery of domain names before the World Intellectual Property Organization, the National Arbitration Forum and the ADR.EU Center of the Czech Arbitration Court.
She has also worked extensively on social networking and website/e-commerce issues and has been invited to speak on several panels in this area.
Ms. Barry actively participates in the International Trademark Association (INTA), and has served on the Internet Committee/Online Trademark Use Subcommittee, including the Keywords and Web 2.0 Working Groups.