Julia A. Thompson
Julia Thompson is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Thompson has experience in public and private securities offerings and general company representation. Her practice focuses on securities regulation, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters for both public and private companies.
Ms. Thompson represents New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ listed companies in matters regarding their Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations and other issues related to public company status.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Thompson was a consultant for The Balloch Group, where she primarily worked with clients in the technology industry.
Ms. Thompson’s recent transactional experience includes:
- The Carlyle Group’s acquisition of NBTY, Inc. in a transaction valued at US$3.8 billion
- Approximately US$1.8 billion in various equity and debt offerings for Kimco Realty Corporation
- Rowan Companies Inc.’s acquisition of Skeie Drilling and Production ASA for approximately US$900 million
- US$800 million dual tranche senior notes offering for Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Digital Generation Inc.’s spin-off of Sizmek Inc. to stockholders and its going private transaction with Spectrum Equity and Extreme Reach Inc. valued at US$525 million
- The bankruptcy restructuring of USEC Inc. (now Centrus Energy Corp.)