Julie Scallen is a partner in the Boston office with a practice that is focused on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Ms. Scallen represents public and private companies and private equity funds in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, private equity and venture capital financings, strategic alliances, joint ventures and licensing transactions.
Ms. Scallen’s recent representative transactions include:
- Representation of Boston Scientific Corporation in its acquisitions of:
- Atritech, Inc.*
- Intelect Medical, Inc.*
- Assets from S.I. Therapies, Ltd.*
- Asthmatx, Inc.*
- Labcoat Limited*
- Representation of Weston Presidio Capital in its equity investment in Rockwood Service Corporation*
- Representation of WestView Capital Partners in the acquisition of Body Shop of America, Inc.*
- Representation of WestView Capital Partners in its equity investment in Advanced Technology Services, Inc.*
* matters handled prior to joining Latham & Watkins
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, Ms. Scallen practiced at another leading law firm.