U-RIN-AN is a property located in the heart of the Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter. This quarter preserves traditional Japanese streets and houses from Edo, Meiji, and Taisho period. In addition, Kurashiki is famous for art (e.g. Ohara Museum of Art) and folk craft.
Every day between 6:30pm and 7pm we get together in our common area where we check in new guests and have some quality time to meet and interact with other guests. We create a space where they can introduce themselves, get to know each other and create long lasting friendships.
It is our goal to provide this unique encountering so that our guests can take a memorable experience back home
The building of U-RIN-AN is a 100-year-old Japanese style wooden house. You can experience the traditional lifestyle of Japan.
During the day U-RIN-AN operates as a café serving delicious light meals and desserts and at night it turns into a guesthouse. Guests staying longer than 1 day can leave their belongings in a secure common area at the property.
We offer 5 Japanese tatami-floor dorm rooms, each accommodating up to 4 people.
○Feel traditional Japan
- Stay in a 100-year-old Japanese style wooden house
- ‘Tatami’ flooring rooms and ‘futon’ bedding
- Small beautiful garden
- No air conditioning in order to provide the traditional ancient experience
- 1 min. walk to the Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter
- 2 min. walk to the Ohara Museum of Art
- 5 min. walk to the Achi shrine
- 12 min. walk from JR Kurashiki station
- post office, supermarket, convenience store, some restaurants are within a walking distance
- Free Wi-Fi access
- ‘Futon’ bedding equipped with sheets, pillows, and blankets
- Shared shower room with shampoo, soap, towels and a hair dryer ( 6am – 9am / 6:30 pm – 11pm)
- Shared kitchen with a microwave, a fridge, a toaster, and kitchenware (7pm – 10:30am)
- Free of charge laundry and drying area
- Free of charge lockers
- No curfew. After 10pm no loud noise in order to respect neighbors and sleeping guests.
- Check in time: 6:30pm – 8pm
- Check out time: by 10am
- Café hours: 11am – 6pm
*The lounge space and rooms are not available during the café hours. There is another common space for guests to have a break and to put baggage.