Double bedroom on the first floor with a chest of drawers, two bedside tables with lamps, and the option of adding a small folding bed for a third person.
There is wi-fi broadband internet and a digital TV. The window has a view over the countryside. The location is very quiet and peaceful.
On the same floor there is a bathroom with shower, exclusively for guests. On the ground floor there is a kitchen, a common room with an internet-connected computer and another bathroom with a larger, more comfortable shower.
Outside there is a small garden with a hammock and a deck chair, a parking space and a garage for motorbikes and bicycles.
At least one of us will always be at home and available to help guests.
The house is set in the Emilia Romagna plain a few kilometers from Modena. The surrounding countryside is peppered with vineyards, orchards, historical country houses, vegetable gardens, artisanal cheesemakers, and traditional producers of the famous balsamic vinegar of Modena. It is a generous land.
There are a few nearby tourist sights that we recommend:
- The Benedictine abbey of Nonantola, founded in 752 A.D. (ticket approx. 10 Euros).
- The 'Partecipanza Agraria' of Nonantola, an area of fields which is ideal for bicycle trips (free).
- Villa Sorra, between Nonantola and Castefranco, a historical villa with a beautiful landscape garden (free).
And for visits to local producers of traditional food and drink:
- Just a few dozen meters from us is the Antica Acetaia Malagoli, where you can sample and buy traditionally produced balsamic vinegar.
- A short walk away is the Caseificio Serafini, a traditional dairy producing Parmigiano Reggiano, butter and yoghurt.
- A couple of kilometers away in Nonantola town is Cantina Gavioli, producer and seller of Lambrusco with an attached free museum displaying an eclectic mix of old agricultural tools and sports cars.
The area is full of bike paths, so it's easy to get around on foot or by bike. There is a bus from Nonantola to Modena every hour. The bus stop for this service is 1km away. When coming from Modena, ask the driver for 'Borsari'. There is also a bus stop in front of the house, but the bus only comes twice per day. The bus towards Modena comes at 7am, and the return service leaves Modena at 3pm. Both services cost 3 Euros.
Cancellation policy: 24h before arrival. In case of a late cancellation or No Show, you will be charged the first night of your stay.
Check in from 12:00 to 23:00 .
Check out before 11:00.
Payment upon arrival by cash.
There are no hidden costs! We've travelled a lot and understand life on the road; to make you feel at home, you're welcome to eat with us. Breakfast is included, and in the case of long stays, after the first couple of days of settling in we suggest a contribution of 2.50 Euros per meal towards the cost of ingredients.
Learning Italian: the place is ideal for those who want to study this wonderful language, both for beginning to study for refreshing your knowledge. We are always available for a chat (with no hidden costs!).