Lancaster Depew Bee
Lancaster Bee, serving Lancaster, was founded February 8, 1878, as the Lancaster Star by with Paul Bussmaan and William B. Fuller as editors and publishers. A month later. Fuller assumed the entire ownership, and a year later, publication was discontinued. On May 26th. 1880, E. R. Vaughn and P.J. Gaudy issued the first edition of the Lancaster Times, and in 1885, Adam L. Rinewalt, then publisher of the Amherst Bee, took over the ownership of the Lancaster paper. Later in the same year the publication was sold to Marvin L. Reist (1862–1908), who published it until 1907, when it was sold to W. C. Naylor of Olean, New York.