Laurence Seymour is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins, where he commenced practice in January 2005, after relocating from New York. He is a member of the firm's Tax Department, focusing on executive compensation and employee benefits matters. Mr. Seymour represents public and private companies and his practice focuses on:
- Structuring, implementing and maintaining benefits and compensation plans and arrangements.
- Counsels companies, as well as private equity funds, on all employee benefits and compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, IPOs and other corporate transactions.
- Counsels on matters pertaining to golden parachutes, executive compensation, pension and welfare plan issues.
- Structuring various types of compensation arrangements for senior executives, including employment and severance agreements, stock option and other equity compensation arrangements, incentive compensation, deferred compensation, severance and parachute arrangements.
- Counseling issuers and investment banks with regard to ERISA "plan asset" issues affecting various collateralized loan obligation transactions.