Maj Vaseghi is counsel in the Tax Department at Latham & Watkins. Her practice focuses on benefits and compensation and company representation. Ms. Vaseghi has particular expertise in representing public companies with respect to securities law reporting and compliance, executive compensation matters, employee benefit plans and registration and corporate governance compliance.
Ms. Vaseghi's publications include:
- Corporate Governance Alert, “SEC Has Issued Proposed CEO Pay Ratio Disclosure Rules” (September 2013)
- Corporate Governance Update, “July 1 Deadline for Implementing Compensation Committee and Adviser Independence Rules is Fast Approaching” (April 2013)
- Corporate Governance Alert, “Understanding the New Independence Rules for Compensation Committees and their Advisers” (October 9, 2012)
- Corporate Governance Alert, “SEC Announces Dodd-Frank Rulemaking Schedule and Starts the Clock on Proxy Access” (September 22, 2010)
- Client Alert, “Proxy Access, Say on Pay and Other Key Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation Provisions Under the Dodd-Frank Bill”
- Client Alert, “SEC Issues Comments on Executive Compensation Disclosures in 2007 Proxies” (August 30, 2007)
- Client Alert, “SEC Staff Publishes its Observations from its Review of Executive Compensation Disclosures in 2007 Proxies” (October 15, 2007)
Prior to joining the tax department at Latham & Watkins, Ms. Vaseghi was a public company securities and corporate governance attorney for seven years, including as in-house securities and corporate governance counsel.