Matt "Megatoad" Stonie (born May 24, 1992) is an American competitive eater and is the number two ranked competitive eater in Major League Eating. Matt won the 2015 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, dethroning 8-time defending champion Joey Chestnut, but lost the title in 2016.
Matt was born on May 24, 1992 in San Francisco, CA. He attended Evergreen Valley High School in San Jose, CA. Matt's Major League Eating debut was at the Stockton Deep Fried Asparagus Championship in Stockton, California in 2011. He is currently the youngest member of the Major League Eating organization. His first win came in 2010 in a lobster roll eating contest in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. His nickname, "Megatoad", is from the character Toad from the video game Super Mario Bros. He has gained fame from his YouTube channel, where he uploads many eating challenges.
Stonie uploaded his first YouTube video on August 27, 2012 in which he drinks a gallon of Gatorade in 37 seconds. His most popular videos have been noticed by well known celebrities such as Bam Margera, Waka Flocka Flame, and Cheech & Chong, who have featured the videos on their websites. As of September 2016, he has over 1,977,603 subscribers on his YouTube channel. On September 24, 2015 Stonie uploaded a video in which he consumes 25 McDonald's Big Mac sandwiches in 22 Minutes, which is an unofficial world record among the YouTube community.
Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
World records held
- Birthday Cake: 5.5 lb / 9 minutes (May 26, 2013)
- Frozen Yogurt: 10.5 lb Yogurtland Frozen Yogurt/Phantom Gourmet Food Festival / 6 Minutes (September 29, 2013)
- Kookamonger Burger: 7.5 lb burger from the Kooky Canuck in Memphis, Tennessee / 4 minutes, 43 seconds (October 26, 2013)
- Indian Taco: 32.5 Indian Tacos / 8 minutes (Atmore, Alabama, March 29, 2014)
- Gyros: 24 Gyros / 10 minutes (Houston Greek Festival, May 18, 2014)
- Slugburgers: 43 Slugburgers / 10 minutes (The World Slugburger Eating Championship Presented By Main Street Corinth, July 12, 2014)
- Pumpkin Pie: 20.8 lb / 8 minutes (Elk Grove Pumpkin Festival, October 5, 2014)
- Twinkies: 120 Twinkies / 6 minutes (Tunica, Mississippi, November 8, 2014)
- Bacon: 182 Slices of Bacon / 5 minutes (Daytona, FL, February 22, 2015)
- Iguana's Burritozilla: 5 lb / 1 minute, 50 seconds (May 8, 2015)
- Pepperoni Rolls: 34 Pepperoni Rolls / 10 minutes (Fairmont, WV, May 23, 2015) at Three Rivers Festival
- Pork Rolls: 15 Pork Rolls (7.5 lb) / 10 minutes (East Rutherford, NJ, June 20, 2015) at The Backyard at Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment.
- Hooters Chicken Wings: 241 Wings / 10 minutes (Clearwater Beach, FL, July 25, 2015)
- Traditional Carne Asada Tacos: 103 Tacos / 8 minutes (San Jose, CA, August, 15th 2015)
- McDonald's Big Macs: 25 Big Macs / 22 minutes (San Jose, CA, September 20, 2015)
- Smoke's Poutinerie Poutines: 22 Pounds / 10 minutes (Toronto, Canada, October 3, 2015)
- Martorano's Signature Pasta & Sauce: 10 pounds / 8 minutes (Las Vegas, NV, October 17, 2015) at Martorano's and Paris Hotel & Casino
- Smithfield Pork Ribs: 71 ribs / 5 minutes (Miami, FL) November 24, 2015
- Pancakes: 113 (1oz) Pancakes / 8 minutes (Chico, CA May 28, 2016) at The World Silver Dollar Pancake Eating Championship
Stonie was born May 24, 1992 in San Francisco, California. Stonie's ethnicity is half Japanese and half Eastern European, more precisely, Czechoslovakian and Lithuanian. Stonie has a younger brother named Morgan Stonie. He graduated from Evergreen Valley High School, attends Mission College in Santa Clara, California majoring in nutrition and plans to become a dietitian. He weighs 130 pounds (59 kg) and is 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) tall.