The Merchant Art Boutique Hotel is currently releasing our basic rooms as backpacker specials. Our basic backpacker special room category will only be available for bookings made on HostelWorld or upon guest request. All rooms are private with Ensuite bathroom. Permanent price of USD$50 for our basic rooms with 2 guests maximum allowed.
Please note before booking that all basic backpacker special rooms have NO WINDOWS, has private ensuite bathrooms and free high speed WIFI internet access in all the rooms. If guests would like a room with windows, you can choose to upgrade to our standard rooms for $90 a night.
The Merchant Hotel is uniquely an art boutique hotel, and the only one in Yangon at that. Believing that art breeds commerce we truly took a vision and brought it to life.
Located just a 5 min walk from the landmark shwedagon pagoda, guests can simply stroll over to visit the majestic temple day or night. Nearby there are local eaterys, a traditional Japanese restaurant and a roof top bar all within 2mins walking distance.
At the Merchant Hotel, we follow a contemporary design concept to bring art culture to our guests. We offer 123 rooms which combines traditional Myanmar teak furnishings with modern accents. Our premises are outfitted with over 200 hand painted artwork for visitors to indulge in. From Abstract to Art Noveau, our showcase includes famous pieces by Francoise Neily and Patrice Murciano.
***Property Policies & Conditions:
1. Check-in Time: 2pm. (Flexible subject to availability)
2. Check-out Time: 11am. (Flexible subject to availability)
3. Payment: Cash or credit card (Visa, Master) is welcomed upon arrival.
4. Cancellation Policy: Guests can cancel 1 day in advance free of charge.
5. Extra 10% service charge and 5% government tax are applied when check in.
6. Reception is open 24 hours a day for guest convenience.
7. Breakfast can be served at our restaurant for an additional cost. Please inquire at the front desk for breakfast upon check in.