Michael E. Dillard
Michael E. Dillard Is a partner in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department. Mr. Dillard's practice encompasses all aspects of corporate and securities law, with special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings for companies in the energy industry.
Mr. Dillard has extensive experience in:
- Acquisitions and divestitures of both public and private companies
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities
- Private equity backed transactions
During his career, Mr. Dillard has been involved in M&A transactions valued in excess of US$125 billion, including nine multibillion-dollar transactions. In the energy industry, he has been involved in M&A transactions valued in excess of US$75 billion. In addition, Mr. Dillard has been involved in the issuance of debt and equity securities valued in excess of US$20 billion, both publicly and pursuant to Rule 144A, on behalf of both issuers and underwriters.
Mr. Dillard has been recognized by Chambers USA 2013-2014 as one of the leading lawyers in Texas in the practice of Corporate/M&A and by Chambers USA 2013 in the practice of Capital Markets: Debt & Equity. He has also been recommended in The Legal 500 US 2012 and named a "Texas Super Lawyer" in Texas Monthly magazine and Law and Politics magazine, 2003-2006 & 2008-2012.
- Oil & Gas Finance and M&A Summit — Panel Discussion on "M&A Trends: What's New in Joint Ventures, Private Equity Sponsors and Public Companies, including Shareholder Activism in the Energy Industry, sponsored by Tudor Pickering Holt & Co and Latham & Watkins LLP, February 26, 2014, Denver, CO
- KPMG Energy Symposium — Presentation on "Energy M&A Update" September 11, 2014, Houston, TX