Monkey Republic is located in what is known as guesthouse street. It is only a 5 minute walk to river but then nothing is a long walk in Kampot. What's more, it is just off the Salt Workers roundabout and close to the Aceleda bank.
Monkey Republic has 2 dorms on offer, each one equipped with modern air conditioners. The dorm beds each have their own light, power point and curtain. Under the beds there are steel lockers large enough to fit an entire backpack. There is a private bathroom for every four beds so there should be no need for lining up in the morning.
The fully-stocked bar and restaurant has super fast Wi-Fi and a range of seating options. It offers a food menu with Khmer favorites and Western comfort food, with a generous distribution of power outlets to charge your gadgets. You can set-up your computer in one our booths or re-purposed cable reel tables, or hang out on our outdoor terrace with a cold beer on the community banquet seating. Upstairs, there's a chill-out lounge with the original 1960s stained glass windows that filter Cambodia's equatorial sunlight and a veranda overlooking the property.
***Property Policies & Conditions:
1. Check-in Time: from 11:30am.
2. Check-out Time: until 11:00am.
3. Payment: Cash (USD) only upon arrival.
4. Cancellation Policy: At least 2 days advance notice before the arrival date is required.
5. Reception Hours: from 7am until 11pm but there is overnight security during the remaining hours.
6. The bar/restaurant is open at 7am and closed at 11pm.
7. While Monkey Republic is a family-friendly establishment, we don't allow families to stay in the dorm.
8. Monkey Republic doesn't allow more than one person per dorm bed or unregistered visitors, or cooking on our property.