Getting into the Pingjiang Lodge is just like traveling back in time. When you stroll down, you will find pieces of relics dating back to the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644), Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1911), and also the Cultural Revolution (1966 – 1976).
The Pingjiang Lodge (Pingjiang Kezhan) is a traditional Chinese-style hotel converted from a Ming Dynasty mansion belonging to the Fang family. This Suzhou hotel is just a five-minute walk from Guanqian pedestrian street and a five-minute drive from the Humble Administrator's Garden and the Suzhou Museum.
The traditional ambience also allows you to experience the Chinese culture to its fullest. Take your time to play the stone piano (Qin), Chinese Chess and Checker (Qi), as well as Chinese Brushes and Black Ink Bar for calligraphy (Shu) and painting (Hua) at the lobby lounge where local tea is served. Rooms are designed to complement local traditions and include cloistered gardens, wooden pillars and tiled roofs.
Property Policy and Conditions:
1. All rates are in Chinese Yuan (CNY) (also known as Renminbi, RMB).
2. The rates are inclusive of one or two breakfasts, service charge & tax.
3. Children under the age of 12 live with their parents in a room without beds, without any additional charges.
4. Rates apply on a per room basis - single or double occupancy.
5. Check in time is 14:00.
6. Check out time is 12:00.
7. For Late check-out till 6 p.m., 50% of the room rate will be charged. After 6 p.m., full day room rate will apply. At least 72 hours in advance notice for free cancellation. Late cancellation or no show will occur the penalty charge for the first night.
8. The hotel accepts major credit cards including Visa and Master.
9. Personal cheques are not accepted.