The Riverview Guest House and Hostel (not a hotel) at Jalan Kampong Pantai Street is the perfect base for your visit to Melaka . It is located in the UNESCO World Heritage commercial zone in the old part of Chinatown. Experience staying in a double storey pre-war shop-house that has been converted without compromising the exterior facade.
Melaka has historical influences from as far back as the 14th century Melaka Sultanate, 16th century Portuguese, 17th century Dutch and British in the 19th century. Historical heritage sites such as A'Farmosa ( ancient Portuguese fortress), 16th century churches, The Dutch Square, Maritime Museum ( in a replica of the ancient Portuguese vessel :Flor de la Mar), Cheng Hoon Teng ( the oldest chinese temple in Malaysia), Kampung Kling Mosque (one of the oldest in Malaysia) and other attractions like Jonker Street (bargain hunters haven for artefacts and relics), galleries and much more, are within 10 to 15 minutes walk.
The guest house offers accommodation in comfortable twin (6'x4') or double (6'x6'or 6'x5') bedded rooms with air-condition and common hot & cold shower rooms for up to 19 guests. All twin and single rooms have windows to the alley. Double rooms and dorm have street facing windows. There is no river facing rooms. Bath towels and shower gel is provided. There is a sitting, dining area with a pantry. Coffee / tea and drinking water is provided complimentary. The ground floor back deck or first floor terrace has a magnificent view of the Melaka River.
NOTE (Please read before making reservation) :
- Do not accommodate group booking of more than 2 rooms/4 persons. We reserve the right to reject/auto-cancel the 'entire' group booking if reservation of above 4 persons is made individually (to make a larger group) or under one person's name; without any compensation whatsoever.
- Not recommended for guests not used to hostels.
- We do not accommodate children below 12 years old.
- Minimum 2 nights stay (per room) is required for Fridays and Saturday bookings.
- Max 2 persons in a room. We do not provide extra bed or extra mattress or allow extra person in own sleeping bag in room.
- Check-in time : 2.00pm; check-out time :12.00pm. Guest house opens at 9am onwards for early arrivals to leave their bags. After check-out time, guests may leave bags and collect just before leaving or by 6pm as common areas in the house is reserved for current in-house guest only.
- Room reservations held till 6.00pm unless otherwise advised. After 6pm, rooms held for 1 hour after advised arrival time till closing time at 12 midnight. We do not take reservations without arrival time
- Shower and toilet are combined (in the same room)
- No indoor bicycle storage or parking facility
- Reservation only through hostelworld.com or 'walk-in' basis
- The guesthouse is an old building mainly of wood preserved in its original condition. Not suitable for guests who prefer modern walls, floors and ceilings.