Rubber Chemistry and Technology is a quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering research, technical developments, and chemical engineering relating to rubber and its allied substances. It was established in 1928, with Carroll C. Davis as its first editor-in-chief. It is published by the American Chemical Society Rubber Division.
The journal currently publishes four issues per year. One issue is dedicated to reviews of topics in rubber science, including a review by the most recent Goodyear medalist. The remaining issues contain original research contributions.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted indexed in:
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of the journal:
- Carroll C. Davis, Boston Woven Hose Co. (1928-1956)
- David Craig, B. F. Goodrich (1957-1964)
- Edward Bevilacqua, U. S. Rubber, Wayne Research Center (1965-1968)
- Earl C. Gregg, B. F. Goodrich (1969-1974)
- Karl Frensdorff, E. I. du Pont de Nemours (1975-1977)
- Aubert Y. Coran, Monsanto (1978-1983)
- Gary Hamed, University of Akron (1984-1990)
- C. Michael Roland, Navy Research Lab (1991-1999)
- Fred Ignatz-Hoover, Monsanto (2000-2001)
- Krishna Baranwal, Akron Rubber Development Lab (2002-2009)
- William V. Mars, Endurica (2010-present)