Mr. Pathmanaban received his BE in Computer Science and Engineering from PSG College of Technology, India, his MS in Information Sciences from the University of Michigan, and his JD from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a member of the Columbia Science and Technology Law Review.
Mr. Pathmanaban’s experience extends to all aspects of litigation, including:
- Pre-suit analysis
- Development and implementation of case strategy
- Taking and defending Depositions (fact and expert witnesses)
- Arguing motions and claim construction hearings
- Argued several trial hearings at the PTAB
- Dispositive and non-dispositive motions
In appellate matters, Mr. Pathmanaban has drafted briefs and assisted with oral argument preparation. In Patent Office proceedings, Mr. Pathmanaban drafted numerous IPR petitions and drafted oppositions to IPR petitions. These cases, proceedings and appeals have involved a variety of industries and technologies relating to, for example, computer networking, backup storage technology, semiconductors, lighting control technology, the Internet and data security.