Sidney Daily News
The newspaper's history as a daily dates back to 1891, but its former sister weekly newspaper, the Shelby County Democrat, first began publishing January 1, 1849, in Sidney (as the Shelby Democrat). The Democrat was purchased in 1876 by General James Oliver Amos, and became the first newspaper published by Amos Publishing. The Amos family began the Daily News in 1891 and published both papers until June 28, 1940, when the Democrat folded. The family sold its interest in the Daily News in 1999.