Silton is a small village and civil parish in north Dorset, England, situated in the Blackmore Vale 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of Gillingham. In the 2011 census the civil parish had 57 households and a population of 123.
In 1086 Silton was recorded in the Domesday Book as Seltone; it had 16 households, 11.5 ploughlands, 28 acres (11 ha) of meadow and 4 mills. It was in the hundred of Gillingham and the tenant-in-chief was William of Falaise. This original settlement was near the church, on a low ridge between the River Stour and a minor tributary to the southwest.