Simon Powell is the Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins’ Hong Kong office and the Chair of the Litigation & Trial Department in Asia.
Mr. Powell's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters:
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Securities and shareholder disputes
- Corporate regulation and investigation
- Antitrust and competition law
- Business restructuring and reorganization
Mr. Powell represents numerous multinational and local corporations as well as financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and creditors in connection with a wide range of multi-jurisdictional and cross-border issues.
Mr. Powell is one of only a few Solicitor-Advocates in Hong Kong, giving him full rights of audience before all the Hong Kong civil courts, is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and is an accredited mediator. He is also a member of the following professional bodies:
- Civil Litigation Committee, Higher Rights of Audience Committee, Insolvency Committee and Competition Law Committee of the Hong Kong Law Society
- Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants